Holiday Baking with Kids: 6 Festive Ideas for Sweet Memories
Can you feel the holiday vibes in the air? I sure can, and you know what that means – it’s time to crank up the tunes, put on your apron, and let’s get jammin’ in the kitchen! I have six fun and festive holiday baking ideas that will turn your kitchen into a sweet symphony of flavors.
1. Jingle Jam Cookies: Let’s kick off the baking extravaganza with a recipe that’s not only delicious but easy enough for even the tiniest of hands to master. Introducing “Jingle Jam Cookies” – a delightful twist on classic sugar cookies.
· 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
· 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· A pinch of holiday magic
1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. While you’re waiting, cue up your favorite holiday jams.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Get those muscles working – it’s a great warm-up for dancing later!
3) Beat in the egg and vanilla. Feel the rhythm? Your batter should be as smooth as a classic rock ballad.
4) Gradually blend in the flour until the dough comes together. This is where the magic happens. Dance around the kitchen as you mix!
5) Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet.
6) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden.
7) Cool on a wire rack and get ready to rock and roll! These cookies are perfect for sharing with friends, family, and especially your little baking buddies.
My secret ingredient is always a dash of love and a sprinkle of laughter. So turn up the volume on those holiday hits and get ready to make some sweet memories with your little ones!
2. Santa’s Little Helpers Apron Party: Get into the festive spirit by hosting a Santa’s Little Helpers Apron Party! Pick up some plain aprons from your local craft store and let your little ones go wild with fabric markers, fabric paint, and holiday-themed stickers. Not only will they have a blast decorating their aprons, but they’ll also be all set to join you in the kitchen for some baking fun!
3. Holiday Karaoke Bake-Off: Turn your baking session into a full-blown holiday karaoke bake-off! Create a playlist of your favorite festive tunes and sing your heart out while whipping up delicious treats. The key here is to embrace the joy and laughter that music brings – bonus points for incorporating dance moves into your baking routine!
4. Cookie Cutter Extravaganza: Dig out your collection of cookie cutters and make it a cookie-cutter extravaganza! Let your little ones choose their favorite shapes and get creative with the cookie dough. From a classic gingerbread man to funky snowflakes, the possibilities are endless. Baking becomes an art project, and the best part? You end up with delicious edible masterpieces!
5. Ugly Sweater Cookie Decorating Contest: Turn cookie decorating into a friendly competition by hosting an Ugly Sweater Cookie Decorating Contest. Bake a batch of Jingle Jam Cookies (recipe above!) and gather an assortment of colorful icing, sprinkles, and edible decorations. Challenge your family and friends to create the ugliest (and tastiest) holiday sweater-inspired cookies. The winner gets the sweet satisfaction of being the ultimate cookie decorator!
6. Festive Freeze Dance Breaks: Baking is all about having fun, so why not incorporate some freeze dance breaks into your kitchen routine? Choose a few lively holiday tunes, and every time the music stops, everyone must freeze until it starts again. It adds an extra element of excitement to the baking process and ensures that your kitchen is filled with laughter and joy.
The holidays are a time for creating special moments and enjoying the sweet things in life. Whether you’re baking up a storm or dancing your way through the kitchen, make it a celebration filled with love, laughter, and a touch of holiday magic. Happy baking and jamming, my friends!